President of the Valencian Government Ximo Puig has revealed that he plans to extend the closure of the perimeter of the Valencian Community until December 9th.
“We are going to reflect on whether we can extend it until December 9 to make an important assessment of what the measures have been and, therefore, the state of the pandemic at that time, and the idea would be to try to go until December 9 with the current measures in place,” he remarked this week.
The border closure in Valencia, Alicante and Castellón came into force on October 30 but has a series of exceptions for essential trips. According to the official government document, these are the only reasons to enter or leave the Valencian Community:
• Attendance to health centres or health services
• Compliance with work, professional, business, institutional or legal obligations.
• Attendance at university, teaching and educational centres, including nursery schools.
• Return to the place of habitual or family residence.
• Assistance and care for the elderly, minors, dependents, people with disabilities or vulnerable people.
• Travel to financial and insurance entities or refuelling in neighbouring towns.